JOB DESCRIPTION: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Job Type: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
Salary range $50,000-$60,000 DOE
Benefits: Healthcare Reimbursement plan, 3% Matching IRA, paid holidays, vacation (15 days) & (6) flex days.
Peak 7 Adventures’ mission is to provide a first-rate outdoor adventure experience that engages youth spiritually, physically, mentally and emotionally to help them realize a greater potential. Peak 7 accomplishes this through three main endeavors: partnering with community nonprofits and youth organizations, facilitating a variety of outdoor programs, and equipping and engaging committed volunteers. This position directs all internal aspects of Peak 7 Adventures programs including program development, program staff oversight, volunteer engagement, and facilities management.
Three to five years of experience administering outdoor programs, or equivalent
Education and training in leadership & management
Experience with various technology platforms including Google Suite and Excel.
Instructor certifications in mountaineering, rafting, climbing and/or paddling preferred.
Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think creatively and work collaboratively and independently.
Skills & Knowledge:
Familiarity with the skills, vernacular, central issues and concerns of outdoor recreation disciplines.
Ability to address complex issues related to outdoor recreation programming that include a wide variety of subject matter and a multi-faceted mission.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to diverse populations.
Demonstrated success in leading and developing a professional staff/team, including volunteers.
Demonstrated experience working both independently and collaboratively, with outstanding proficiency in teamwork, collaboration, flexibility, and organizational problem-solving.
Conceptual skills necessary to view the organization holistically and make decisions for its overall welfare.
Organizational, budgetary, and financial management skills.
Ability to develop a multi-year vision while maintaining annual focus.
Knowledge of programmatic risk management.
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Commitment to Jesus Christ reflected in life and personal interactions.
Program Leadership (60%)
- Ensure all programs are properly vetted for alignment with Peak 7 Adventures’ mission—manage risk appropriately, verify staff are well prepared, equipped, and in adherence to the highest industry standards.
- Provide training, leadership and supervision (including mentorship, task assignment, execution oversight and accountability) to the program team.
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluation, and termination of program staff and summer staff.
- Direct the development, implementation, and on-going planning for departmental vision and direction, including participation in facility development and renewal planning, staff retreats and professional development, educational and recreational program planning, and fiscal planning.
- Build intentional partnerships with community youth-serving nonprofit organizations.
- Oversee the program team in facilitating rafting, climbing, backpacking, mountaineering, snowshoeing, and paddle sports across Washington and central Oregon.
- Proactively visit program sites and staff to evaluate needs and provide support.
- Foster an environment in which the Peak 7 summer guide team thrives, returns, and has opportunities for advancement.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors, community partners and stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Some night and weekend work is required.
- Implement policies and procedures ensuring compliance with State and local laws
- Develop and manage, with input from staff, program budgets and goals
- Oversee permitting process and development of new permits with land agencies
- Ensure proper documentation of training and client paperwork.
- Oversee vehicle maintenance logs and vehicle training
- Work with the Executive Director to secure proper insurance
- Responsible for supporting overall organization fundraising activities, with an additional expectation for leveraging personal connections to meet individual fundraising targets
- Assist with donor engagement by providing opportunities for donors to observe the impact of programs first hand.
- Collaborate with other Peak 7 staff to equip the program team in their personal support raising goals
- Attend fundraising events as required
Additional requirements :
Able to pass a background check
Acknowledge Peak 7 Adventures’ statement of faith as personal convictions to which the program director must be committed:
- We believe all people are created in the image of God.
- We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- We believe in the incarnation of Jesus Christ and his compassionate ministry on earth, who is the embodiment of God’s love for all humanity shown through his sinless life, sacrificial death, and triumphant resurrection.
- We believe the Bible is the word of God which calls us to love and serve all people
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, expressed through the unity of believers.
- We believe God’s existence and love for all people is evident in creation
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume including a complete job history and three references (two professional, one personal).