Seasonal River Manager
The River Manager oversees day-to-day operations of Peak 7’s whitewater rafting, inflatable kayaking, and stand-up-paddleboarding trips on the Spokane, Deschutes, and Clark Fork rivers. Trips include single day adventures, off-grid multi-day rafting trips, and base-camp trips including rock climbing and camping with groups.
This position will be responsible for coordinating trips both on and off the river, including maintaining and packing gear, shopping for and preparing food, managing and leading seasonal guides and volunteers, driving to and from trip locations, ensuring Peak 7 policies and procedures are followed, making appropriate risk management decisions, organizing trip paperwork, and communicating with the Area Manager and clients. They will be an integral part of creating first rate trips and facilitating a positive and well-organized experience for guests, volunteers, and staff.
Season Commitment: Full time, Start time: between April 1 - May 1. Preferred end date: August 31, 2022
Compensation: $15,000 – $22,000 for the season depending on start time and experience.
Housing at our guide house can be provided as well.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ reflected in your life
- CPR and WFA or WFR, or ability to complete WFR/CPR certifications during initial training
- Swiftwater Rescue Technician or equivalent preferred
- At least 2 seasons whitewater experience preferred
- Food Handlers Permit
- Doctor’s physical within the last two years
- Legally allowed to work in the United States
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently without close supervision
- Ability to delegate tasks and manage people effectively
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong team player with excellent ability to get along with others
- Openness to feedback and ability to accept constructive criticism
- Physically capable of lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Excellent driving record
- Experience driving and backing large vehicles and trailers
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets